Saturday, September 24, 2011

Year in Review

I'm back! I quit blogging for a while, but then decided I liked to put posts up, even if I am the only one that reads them. It's fun to look back and see what we have been up to. One day I will convert my blog into a book so I can always remember these things. Anyways, over the next few days I will be posting some highlights from the past year.


















In October 2010, my grandma passed away. She was 92 and was such an amazing woman. I am so glad I was able to attend Utah State University and be close to her and spend so much time with her. My whole family was able to be there for the funeral, and just about all of my cousins and their families were there. The night before the funeral, all of her kids and grandchildren got together for a "family service". Everyone got a chance to tell how she influenced their life. It was amazing to hear all the stories and really was a testimony of what a wonderful person she was and the righteous life she lead.



Troy and I loved being back in Utah, especially in October. It was so beautiful. Sometimes I really miss it. I loved going to school at USU. Maybe one day we will be closer than Georgia!




I didn't have any pictures of my grandma on my camera, so I got these 2 off Beth's blog.



Paul and Grandma, and Udell and Grandma








My family at the funeral








Porter--One of the cutest little boys ever. How can you not smile when you see that face?







The cemetery is beautiful.












Grandpa's and my cousin Craig's headstones. Grandma's will be next to Grandpa's.







The Logan Temple. My parents got married here. So did Melissa and Lance.






Old Main at Utah State University. Beautiful!






The boys playing in the leaves. They had a blast.




Main Street in Logan





We had such a beautiful weekend. The weather was wonderful and the leaves were amazing. The morning we were leaving we woke up to this--SNOW! Typical Utah weather!


2 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Yay! You're back! I read your blog too. So maybe it's just me and you. : ) I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I have alot of good memories of her too. You still need to teach me to make sitfa bread!
I'm happy that you are back to the online world. I've missed you.

Katie Jo said...

i totally stalk your blog as well...so there. I hope all is well!