Monday, September 1, 2008

Mom's Birthday





Mom's birthday was on Sunday, and she got stuck with only Troy and I! Poor thing! So after church we came home and cooked a little dinner for her--shrimp, potatoes, and fresh from the garden Utah corn--yum. We got out the "fancy plates" and tried to make it nice. After dinner, we got out the cake and sang. We bought her a Publix cake. I got addicted to those because thats what Troy's mom buys for birthdays. They are soooo good and soft and light and fluffy and they have the best icing. We also bought these cute twirly candles for her to blow out. I posted the video of Troy and I singing to her, but it sure doesn't sound good! I was not blessed with the talent of singing. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?! Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cute candles. I'm glad you got mom a cake. I'm glad you all were there for her!