Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cirque de la Symphonie








On Friday Troy and I were able to go to Cirque de la Symphonie. It was fantastic!! It was a concert by the Augusta Symphony, and they had different acts to go along with the music. They had jugglers, strongmen, acrobats, contortionists, aerial flyers, and one or two more acts. Although we were sitting way in the back, we were exactly in the center so we could see everything very well. Here is a picture of us, taken by the Augusta Chronicle photographer. It's not a very good picture, but it's all I have! These are pictures from 2 of the acts. Here is a link to see a short video clip of some of the acts from Friday. http://apps.augusta.com/video/video.html?id=1367 Hopefully one day I will be able to go see Cirque de Soleil, which is the inspiration for the Cirque de la Symphonie. Speaking of shows, on November 1st, Troy and I are going to Atlanta to go see the broadway play "Wicked"! I have been wanting to see it for a long time, and I am so excited for the chance to go!

1 comment:

Mike and Wendy said...

hmmm..... I sure Troy was mesmerized by all the men in their elastic tights!! I'm sure he rose to a standing ovation when the pyramid of stacked men was formed. Although he was secretly hoping it would collapse so that he could get a better look at the flailing extremities of the tumbling nymphs.
best regards,
Black-Be-Nimble